ReachOUT is a creative, inclusive & accessible program for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and queer (LGBTQ) youth and adults in the Greater Toronto Area. Activities include drop-in groups, community outreach, art & skills exchange, counselling, training and consultation. We offer safe spaces that reflect the diversity of our queer and trans communities.
ReachOUT Newcomer Network:
offers services for youth between the ages of 14-25 who are permanent residents of Canada and government assisted refugees.
We can help you:
• Find a job
• Put together a resume and gain interviewing skills
• Find a place to live
• Sponsor a partner or family member to immigrate to Canada
• Access Government income assistance programs such as Ontario Works (OW) and Ontario
Disability Support Program (ODSP)
• Access Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) as well as find scholarships and bursaries
• Enroll in college, university, or find job training
• Find English classes such as enrolling in Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC)
• Apply for your SIN card, health card from Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP), Permanent
Resident Card and driver’s license
• Find a family doctor
• Interpretation and translation .
We also offer:
• Weekly sports activities, including basketball, badminton and volleyball games
• Weekly hip-hop dance classes and summer music camp
• Weekly drop-ins where you can meet new friends, such as:
- Support group for LGBTQ newcomer youth
- Discussion group for newcomer youth where they can talk about adjusting to life in Toronto
and practice English
• Referral to community services
• Support in filling out government forms (such as immigration, OSAP/ OW, university or college
We are here to listen to you and we’d be happy to talk with you about what is going on in your life! We offer services in English, Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Somali, Portuguese and Tamil. Interpreters can be provided for other languages- just ask! All of our services are lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and queer friendly and we always make your comfort and confidentiality a priority. All services are offered free of charge.
For more info, please contact:
Idil Hyder, Outreach and Settlement Worker
Phone: 416-222-1153 ext. 181
ReachOUT Newcomer Network is generously funded by Citizenship and Immigration Canada
sprOUT is all about connecting LGBTQ people labelled with intellectual disabilities across Ontario. We hold fun events such as dances, BBQs, movie nights and parties. Our workshops on sexual health, self advocacy, and how to create LGBTQ positive space are co-facilitated by LGBTQ people labelled with intellectual disabilities. We also offer consultation to individuals, their families and support workers.
Special thanks to all the funders/sponsor to their continue support to ReachOUT!
Ontario Trillium Foundation
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
City of Toronto, Toronto Public Health
Ontario Arts Council
TO LIVE WITH CULTURE
Community One Foundation
Media Sponsor: Xtra Magazine